Monday, February 16, 2009

2009 Camping Season

BEHOLD! The power of organization. This year we're going to try something a little different to get our camping trips up and running. The mass e-mail threads must get really annoying for people who aren't participating, and the thread tool on E-vite worked very well last year for getting people together, so I thought we'd try a centralized location for the whole season, found here at the Team Extra Gold Camp Adventures blog. As camping trips come up, I will post details here, we can all RSVP and converse in the discussion threads, and finalized details will go up in new posts as they become solidified.

Thusfar, there are two camping trips tentatively on the docket.

One trip in May, an overnight hike out and back along the MidState trail. We'll lock this one down a bit more an post on it later.

The most relevant trip right now is planned for Wednesday, June 10 through Sunday, June 14 at Acadia National Park in ME. It's about 6 hours north of Boston and is one of the shining beacons of parkdom in New England. The hiking is legendary, the scenery is gorgeous, the drive is tenuously amusing, and the company is what you keep.

I need to make reservations for this trip this month, and even then it might already be fully booked. Please let us know via the Comments section if you are down for one or both of these trips so the planning can go beyond dates.

Also please let us know if there are any places you would like to see a trip organized for or particularly good times later in the summer for you to go outside.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a great idea. Put me down as a maybe from 6/12-6/14 (I can't miss the weekdays at work/school).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha and I won't be able to make it unfortunately - we'll be in San Francisco that week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO in for Acadia :)... though Andy'll be traipsing about Kenya...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll WAY be there for Acadia. Not sure on the other.

    FYI: As a seasoned Counterstrike veteran I will pwn all of you at campzoring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya. I am definitely interested. I have the feeling summer session starts mid-June, but count me as a definite for the weekend and I'll get back to you on my week-day status once school is open and I can check dates. I'm sure my man will chime in with his plans forthwith.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll wicked super way be there for Acadia.

    ReplyDelete